Thursday, April 25, 2013

Week 3

I'm a little late but better late than never!
 
Hi Family!
After an uneventful week, I was fully prepared with a series of pictures Sister Walker (my companion on splits sometimes) and I had taken of ourselves to send home. Don't worry, I'll still send them (there are some real gems) but now I have an AMAZING experience to share too.
Because this happened, I'm going to admit how discouraged I was feeling. I seriously had this thought last week "What am I doing here? Honestly, it would just be easier in almost every way to just come home." And it's not easy to go home. Anyway, I've been having some super intense prayers (if you didn't anticipate this with "amazing experience" here;s your disclaimer that this email will be extremely preachy). And I kept having experiences like the one I told you about last week that would lift me up temporarily and then I would get down again. Anyway.
Last night Richard G. Scott came to the MTC and spoke to us. He kept talking about the sisters, how this was the greatest thing we could do for our future families. He talked to those learning a language and promised us that we would receive the Lord's help with it. So here's your context - he's basically talking directly to me. Then, he says, "I've had a feeling to place and Apostalic Blessing on you." WHAT! I didn't think I'd ever see one of those in my life - I don't think I've ever even heard of one before! But he blessed us that we'd receive help in mastering the language, comfort, strength, patience to deal with companions (not that I need that yet, but I probably will someday in the near future!) and so much more. Total answer to prayer, even though I didn't recognize it yet. Then he closed, we sang the closing Hymn, and he got up AGAIN, stopped the girl that was about to say the prayer, and said "Remember, the Lord has called you to succeed, not to fail. Sometimes it may seem terribly hard, but he wants you to grow. He will not abandon you - he has inspired your call. This is an opportunity to develop strengths and gifts you didn't even know you had... This will enrich your life forever."
I have never heard of someone doing this. This is the second time God has spoken to me in such a big way (the first being the mission change.) The point of this story is - He answers prayers!! Sometimes he makes you wait for it! Sometimes you will pray over and over again and think, why do I keep having this struggle? What am I doing wrong? Why can't I get an answer? When will it get easier? But it is worth the wait! And usually the answers are small, but sometimes, the earth moves for you! And that is what I've been blessed to experience this week. I keep thinking:
Two roads, diverged by woods and I took the one less traveled by... "AND IT HURT!! Rocks! Thorns! ... NOT COOL ROBERT FROST!!" (If you've never seen pep talk from Kid President, you need to watch it for me. I'd watch it every day here if I could.) This is my space jam! It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but it's the one thing I can do to make the world a little more awesome. And I'm not good a lot of things - I'm realizing this here more than ever before. But here, I'm ALSO realizing all the things that I CAN do, and will be able to do eventually.
Sorry - I warned you it would get preachy. But I had to let you all know that someone's been taking good care of me!! And I hope that someone maybe needed to hear this. This is my pep talk! Go be awesome!!
As always, thank you for all your support and love. I really do need it here, and I feel it all the time.

I love you all. Find your space jam!!
Love,
Sister Willerth

No comments:

Post a Comment