Monday, March 3, 2014

Check !

Based off the emails I've received this week, I guess I don't need to give an update about how things are going here. I would just like to say that I have yet to personally see any violence, we were only stuck inside one day, and now we're back out doing missionary work. So in the missionary sense - all is well! (Especially with everything going on - people are way more open to listening to the message. It's actually really cool to be able to teach that God has a plan for the people here and that this is all happening for a reason - and then see that it really is true. Never thought I'd say this, but thank goodness for the war chapters! ha ha)

On Monday we did FHE with Wale and another investigator and Wale made us this really spicy Chicken with real Nigerian spices. Also, he taught us some Yoruba (the language he speaks in Nigeria). Basically we're Africans now. Plus, he said I could pull off corn rows so that's pretty much the greatest compliment I could get from him. 

We met with another African this week who kept calling us "The Christian ladies!" - "Is that your bible? It's very christian!... Its not often here in Ukraine you meet such nice Christian ladies." At least he definitely understands that we believe in Christ - so that was pretty cool :)

We also had a lesson this week with a Ukrainian who really wants us to write scientific articles with him so that we can win Nobel prizes. Now he calls us every day.....

Also we met with this kid who is like a Ukrainian version of Andrew Garfield. Not sure if I mentioned this at the time, but we contacted him a few weeks ago. We saw him on the train, chased him up a hill and actually stalked him through a store to tell him that he looked like Peter Parker (Sister Walker really really loves Andrew Garfield....) He was so awesome though when we met with him, and extremely intelligent, sincere, and mature for an 18 year old kid. I'm way excited to see where that goes :)

Like I said we were caught inside for a day this week, so we did yoga, ate lots of snacks, listened to some general conference, and I taught Sister Walker how to play chess. We played SO much chess! ha ha now we're hooked. The other day, for language study I looked up all chess-related words and we just played Chess. We love Chess!!!

My favorite part of the week was probably fast and testimony meeting. The Sisters have an investigator that's an African Evangelist preacher, and he decided to go out and testify. Lets just say that the Ukrainians are not used to pulpit Pounders, ha ha. It was quite the experience.

Other than that this week we've been contacting like crazy and like I said it's been so awesome to see the change that happens in people as they are humbled. They really want to hear the message, and it's proof to me that what everyone really needs is God. As the preacher says "Jesus is the solution to every problem!" :)

I love you all and thank you so much for your prayers on behalf of me and of Ukraine. Thank you so much for your support and love always!!!

Sincerely
Sister Willerth

No comments:

Post a Comment